Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (Texas)
Overview: The purpose of this program is to increase consumption of specialty crops and to improve the competitiveness of specialty crop producers. Funding provided through this program may be used only for activities benefiting specialty crops, and must benefit more than one individual, organization, or institution.
Eligible specialty crops include fruits; vegetables; tree nuts; dried fruits; horticulture; and nursery crops, including floriculture.A list of common specialty crops can be found online at www.ams.usda.gov.
Funding may be used for:
- Leveraging efforts to market and promote specialty crops
- Assisting producers with research and development relevant to specialty crops
- Expanding availability and access to specialty crops
- Addressing local, regional, and national challenges confronting specialty crop producers
- Other purposes determined to be appropriate by the Secretary of Agriculture, in consultation with specialty crop stakeholders and relevant state departments of agriculture
Due Date: February 2, 2023
Match Required: No Cost Share